Sunday, April 4, 2010

Word of the Day: BUSTED!

Oh my. Most parents manage to keep Santa and the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy a big mystery until their children are not children any longer. Not this mama. I prefer to lay blame on the fact that Tater is very pragmatic, notices everything, and never misses a beat. But, really, its because I screwed it up, didn't think ahead, and don't lie all that well.

I'd like for you to meet the child that will be telling your kindergartner that Santa and the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy do not exist. I apologize in advance.

Imagine the following scenario:
"Mommy, did you put candy in the eggs"
"I don't know what is in the eggs, the Easter Bunny dropped them off so that we could hunt them later"
"No Mommy, he didn't I saw them in your car."

Owned, I tell you, owned by my own progeny. Blast. I hate that. (It happens all the time, you would think I would get used to it, nope, I tell you never gonna happen).

Not only that, but, I used pulled out some stickers that we have had for YEARS, I tell you, YEARS, that were in the basement to fill a few extra eggs. After the hunting was done, we set about opening the eggs, and what do my wondering ears hear, BUT, "Mommy, I already have stickers like this, lots of them" she then proceeded to give these to our friend that was visiting, because well, she already had lots of them.

Ugggh. The word of the day really was BUSTED.

Thankfully, she has not asked why Santa comes to our house early, because certainly, she is not going to buy it when I tell her its because he is a very busy man. I may have to rethink this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment